Build your career. Challenge the process. Collaborate & Engage
Build your career with Clemens Food Group and be a part of an exciting, collaborative, team environment.
At Clemens Food Group, we want you to constructively challenge and have your ideas heard. We are looking for diverse individuals who push the limits and think outside the box!
Clemens Food Group realizes that our team members are the key to our success. Come be a part of our team and see your ideas in action!
The FSQA Supervisor is responsible for leading the FSQA team and managing daily compliance to Food Safety, Quality and Sanitation programs for Clemens Food Group manufacturing facilities.
Talent Management (Priority 1, 35% of time)
- Provide coaching and training for direct reports
- Perform hiring and on-boarding for new QA team members
- Hold team accountable to expectations and take action when warranted
- Hold IPP reviews with direct reports
- Identify and remove barriers for team when warranted
- Evaluate staffing of team; make changes as necessary
- Set expectations and monitor performance of direct reports; take action when warranted
- Manage attendance, scheduling and discipline of direct reports
- Understand product and process expectations and ensure QA staff is executing to those expectations
- Monitor team performance as related to departmental KPIs
- Understand and ensure effective execution of new product launches/product changes relating to FSQA
Resolution/Regulatory Management (Priority 2, 30% of time)
- Manage resolution of day-to-day plant incidents relating to food safety and QA
- Manage resolution of NRs, including writing response in conjunction with FSQA Manager
- USDA liaison, and resolution of USDA issues during production
- Lead resolution of micro deficiencies.
- Identify gaps/opportunities for improvements specific to food safety and quality (i.e. sanitary equipment design)
- Collaborate daily with QA mgmt on issue resolution (team, technical)
Performance Management (Priority 3, 20% of time)
- Set goals for sanitation specific to QA (pre-op and micro) and monitor performance
- Participate in the management of sanitation operational performance
- Create and own the execution of the master sanitation schedule
- Participate in the billing/cost review/scope of services process for sanitation services
- Organize and ensure effective execution of intensified cleanings (i.e. semi-annual)
- Organize and lead weekly sanitation meetings in conjunction with sanitation
- Monitor SSOP, pre-op, and micro KPIs; report on trends and take action when warranted
Team CFG (Priority 4, 10% of time)
- Communicate/reinforce CFG initiatives and events impacting QA staff
- Develop and deliver training FSQA training (i.e. pre-op training) for production TMs performing FSQA-related tasks
- Partner with operations to identify process opportunities
- Partner with production, maintenance, and OA on process, products, and partners
- Attend and participate in weekly Ops supervisor meetings
- Attend and participate in weekly FSQA mgmt meetings
- Participate in CFG leadership programs
- Career development
- Attend and participate in applicable training for supervisor role
Process Validation/Execution (Priority 5, 5% of time)
- Perform validation of CCPs and other processes; analyze data and make recommendations based upon analysis
- Initiate and lead evaluation of latest developments in sanitation/trends in the industry
- Collaborate with Lab to verify proper execution of sampling program
- Participate in evaluation of overall plant pre-op program
- Ensure effective execution of pre-op verification program by QA
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 2 years experience in Quality Assurance, Food Safety, Sanitation or Regulatory field required.
- Minimum 2 years people management experience preferred.
- USDA or FDA experience preferred.
- Strong problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access skills.
- Strong written/verbal communication/presentation skills.