This role is responsible for driving Clemens Food Group culture in Coldwater through hiring, training, performance management systems, caring for team members and engaging with communities where are team members live. The Director of Human Resources will report to the Vice President of Human Resources, with a dotted line to the General Manager of the Coldwater facility.
Talent Management - 30%
- Develop the team through the CFG Performance Management process (i.e., strategic plans, initiatives, team scorecard and individual development plans are in place for all areas). Champion for site regarding Performance Management.
- Lead resource planning for workforce training
- Identify top-talent and ensure mentoring is in place for these individuals.
- Identify growth opportunities for team by enabling exposure to rest of organization and delegate assignments accordingly.
- Assess talent for the entire facility and ensure succession planning and tailored individual plans exist at all levels.
- Ensure necessary skills for team success are identified and plans to develop are in place for everyone in facility
- Serve as hiring manager for all direct reports by selecting and evaluating individual candidates.
- Perform networking and recruiting activities to identify top talent pipeline candidates.
Business Partnership - 40%
- Manage staffing for entire facility
- Develop ongoing staffing strategy
- Manage talent action process
- Participate and execute development of HR and safety programs
- Understand, challenge, and apply policy, programs, and procedures to support and improve the business
- Participate in coldwater strategic planning sessions
- Participate in workers' compensation claim reviews
Compliance - 10%
- Ensure consistency of procedures
- Act as liaison for worker related legal issues
- Ensures compliance with state and federal regulations concerning hiring, safety, and employee relations
- Ensure plans are in place for team to be ready for various compliance internal / external audits.
Team CFG - 10%
- Drive Clemens Food Group corporate culture throughout the facility
- Participate in safety steering committee
- Coordinate quarterly town hall meeting
- Coordinate coldwater specific events with the event planner
- Participate in Board Meetings.
- Engage in facility celebrations.
- Engage in panel interviews for positions outside of area.
Voice of CFG - 10%
- Act as community liaison
- Act as crisis communication leader
- Build and maintain regional business network
- Participate In semi-annual NAMI conferences
- Engage, inspire, and align team to participate in community needs/events.